Need to know how much bulk soil, amendments and fertilizers to buy for your garden space?
We built the Kinney Nursery & Topsoil Project Calculator to be a tool our customers can use to help estimate the scope of projects of any shape. It is designed to provide a close approximation of quantity of materials you will need!
Check out these videos below on how to use it. If you have any questions or technical advise just text or call us.
This Soil and Bark Calculator helps you to estimate how many cubic yards you would need to order to cover a specific area to a particular depth. Enter the width, length, and thickness of your area to be covered, click on whether you are measuring the thickness in feet or inches, then click on the Calculate button. The calculator will estimate the number of cubic yards of soil or bark that will be required.
Odd Shaped Area? You could revert to your high school geometry, or you can try this:
- Make a rough drawing of your area.
- Divide that area into sections. Choose a dividing line that will create something close to a rectangle. Close is good enough.
- Use the calculator above to determine the cubic yards required for each section, and then just add them together.
How to videos
Kinney Nursery and Topsoil offers you FREE COMPOST TEA!
We offer FREE COMPOST TEA every growing season to support our local growing communities, encourage organic gardening methods, and bring in new customers too!
With any purchase we offer a one gallon container and KNTS Compost Tea free!
Get five gallons free when you bring any leak-proof container.
5 Gallon Containers are available for purchase for $9 with a free fill-up of KNTS Compost Tea.
Additional Gallons are available for just $2 /gallon
Bulk Tea! 50+ gallons only $1.50 /gallon
24 hour notice is required, and containers must be provided.
Benefits of Compost Tea:
– Better plant growth resulting in better tasting vegetables & bigger blossoms.
– Boosts beneficial organisms that enhance plants immune systems.
– Packed with essential nutrients that are easily absorbed.
– Encourages root growth and helps plants pull nutrition from farther down.
– An all-natural alternative to harsh chemical fertilizers that can harm insects, wildlife, and even humans.